An update error, such as Norton Error Code 8505 and 101, occurs when there is a compatibility issues with another security software installed on your computer. You can refer to the following steps to fix the update error:
• Step 1: Open the Norton website and download ‘Remove and Reinstall’ tool.
• Step 2: Open the ‘Downloads’ folder and double-click the NRnR icon.
• Step 3: Go through the license agreement, and click ‘Agree’.
• Step 4: Select the ‘Advanced Options’ and press ‘Remove Only.’
• Step 5: Restart your computer and follow the instructions to reinstall Norton.
If you find that Error Code 8505 and 101 appears even after you reinstall the software you can call the Norton support
and consult a professional technician to fix the issue.